- Published: 01 August 2017 01 August 2017
People considering joining their local Lions club often ask, “Why should I become a Lion?” Here are just a handful of reasons:
- Serve the community.Lions are committed to partnering with local leaders and organizations, identifying the unique needs of their communities and surrounding areas, and planning service projects that address those needs. From community clean-up projects to food drives to fundraisers, Lions help people in need who are close to home. We serve!
- Make a difference in the world.A small act like collecting recycled glasses may not seem like much at first, but when those glasses are distributed around the world through Lions sight missions that change lives, you’ll soon discover that Lions are making a big impact. Lions are everywhere: teaching children to read, responding to disaster, fighting measles, providing clean water and so much more.
- Enjoy a rewarding experience.There is no greater feeling than making a positive impact on someone’s life. Lions are doing good – for others and for themselves.
- Make new friends.Joining a local Lions club is a great way to connect with other people in your community and make new friends. Find a Special Interest club that involves people with the same interests, hobbies and passions. Or consider starting your own club! Serving together can help build relationships that last a lifetime.
- Learn, grow and share.Through volunteer work and community service, Lions are learning new things and developing leadership skills every day. Learn how to plan a food drive and feed the hungry. Learn about the risks of diabetes, and share your knowledge with community members to help them lead healthier lifestyles.
- Grow as a family.Lions clubs offer opportunities for families to volunteer together. Become a Lion with your spouse, children, grandchildren and siblings, and start spending quality time together while serving the community.
- Develop young leaders.By engaging youth, Lions are helping to develop strong leaders for the future. Leo clubs provide youth volunteer opportunities that allow young adults to become involved in community service and begin learning about the impact they can have around the world.
Come join us at a meeting or assist with a project. Find where your nearest Lions club is located, start your own Lions club, or contact the District Membership Chair and we will point you in the right direction. We need good people like you.