For the last 30 years Lions clubs around the world have proudly sponsored the Lions International Peace Poster Contest in local schools and youth groups. This art contest for kids encourages young people worldwide to express their visions of peace.
The theme of the 2017-2018 Peace Poster Contest is "The Future of Peace." Students, ages 11, 12 or 13 as of November 15, 2017 are eligible to participate.
Peace Poster Contest Judging
Each poster is judged on originality, artistic merit and expression of the theme.
Posters advance through several judging levels: local, district, multiple district and international. At the international level, judges from the art, peace, youth, education and media communities select one grand prize winner and 23 merit award winners.
District 45 entires will be judged on November 4th at the D45 Cabinet meeting.
How do D45 Lions Clubs participate?
1) Select a Peace Poster Committee and Chairman. Share that information with the D45 Peace Poster Chairman.
2) Order a Peace Poster Kit
3) Contact local schools, and organized sponsored youth groups with contest rules and local deadline for submission.
4) Hold your local contest. Only the top winner can move on to district and that entry must have the Peace Poster Kit sticker on it with the parental permission fully filled out and signed by the parent(s).
5) Bring your top winner to the November 4th contest. Please give the D45 Peace Poster Chairman a heads-up that your club has a submission for the contest.
6) All submissions will be returned, except for the D45 winning submission which will go on to compete at International.