Lions Day at the United Nations (LDUN)
What: Lions Clubs International will celebrate 74 years of partnership with the United Nations by holding two Lions Day with the United Nations events to take place in New York, USA and Geneva, Switzerland. These events will commemorate our long-standing relationship as a consultative NGO to the UN dating back to 1945 when Lion leaders were asked to help develop the NGO charter for the UN.
When: Saturday, 7 March 2020 will be the 42nd Lions Day with the United Nations
Where: New York, New York at United Nations Headquarters
- Registration: not yet open!
- Hotel: typically a room block is secured at the Millennium Hilton New York One Plaza Hotel located in Midtown East—conveniently located across the street from the UN. Details to follow!
- Transport: likely a charter bus for up to 54 people to New York on Friday, 6 March 2020 and returning to Vermont late on Saturday, 7 March 2020. Details to follow!
Friday, March 6:
- Travel to NYC from Vermont
- Check in to hotel
- Take a Guided Tour of the United Nations, if you like – last tour at 4:15pm
- Tour Rates 2020:
- Adult: $22.00
- Student (Ages 13+ w/ student ID): $15.00
- Senior (Ages 60+) $15.00
- Child (Ages 5-12): $12.00 (Children on tour must be accompanied by their parent or guardian with a paid ticket.)
- Dinner together
- Tour Rates 2020:
Saturday, March 7:
- 9:00am Get Registration materials
- 10:30am Program commences
- Travel to Vermont from NYC
Watch for details from LCI for LDUN NY 2020 to be posted here: https://lionsclubs.org/en/start-our-approach/lions-advocacy/lions-day-united-nations/new-york soon!
Any questions? Please contact Lion Carmelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may be interested in adding our calendar to Outlook, Google calendar or another calendar system that supports the iCal format.
(This will open a new window allowing you to attach the calendar to your Outlook,or other mail or iCal application.)